The vineyards of Siaurac and Le Prieuré were founded in the 18th century by a Sir of Ciorac. Since 1832, the vineyards have been tended to by the same family, giving the wine a special significance and continuity. In 1832, Pierre Brisson bought the Siaurac property. He built an XVIIIéme style chateau, took out the vineyards in front and in their place put a romantic garden. He also bought the neighbouring plots, making Siaurac the biggest property in the region.
In 1892, Joseph Brisson, Pierre’s grandson, bought the domain Grands Champs in Pomerol and in 1897 in Saint-Emilion,, the first great growth Domaine des Cordeliers which he renamed Château Le Prieuré.
In 1949, Joseph’s daughter and son-in-law bought Château Vray Croix de Gay. They merged the property with the Domain des Grands Champs.
In the last twelve years, the family has extensively renovated : 50% of the vineyard has been replanted in accordance with geological surveys.
In 2014, Chateau Siaurac signed an agreement with Chateau Latour, whose group has taken a minority stake. With a long term vision in mind, we hope to bring out the best of our magnificent “terroirs” in the most natural and sustainable ways possible. Our motto is: “Croire à la terre, respecter son futur.” “Believe in the earth, respect its future.”